Location: Highland Park Community Church (5725 Highland Drive, Casper WY 82609)
About: Join us for an in-person event to gain awareness of the issue of human trafficking in the United States. We will pray and discuss how the community in Casper can take action in the fight against this illicit industry and provide resources for survivors in the area. This is a free event for people in the community that feel called to or want to learn more about the anti-human trafficking movement in Wyoming. Lunch will be provided for attendees.
Speakers for this event include representatives from HerCampaign, Rescue America, and testimony from survivor leaders - Catie Reay and Jessica Anderson.
- HerCampaign is an organization based out of Billings, Montana whose mission is to help women survivors heal, grow, and find purpose by providing short and long-term residential programs (www.hercampaign.org).
- Rescue America is an organization based out of Denver, Colorado that exists to rescue, revive, and empower the sexually exploited through a 24/7 hotline and emergency care program (www.rescueamerica.ngo)
This is a free event, but we do request you register prior to the gathering. You can register online at www.hercampaign.org/casper-gathering or you can call 406-598-5674.
1. Can I bring children to this event? Yes! However, due to the mature subject matter, we do reccomend that parents use their best judgment if bringing their children.
2. I'm a man and not sure I can even be involved in the anti-trafficking movement. Should I still come? Yes! We truly believe that the fight against human trafficking is something that both men and women should be involved in! Men have an extremely important role to play in the anti-human trafficking movement; survivors have no concept of what a true Godly man is, and they need role models of what true manhood looks like. If you aren't sure how you can be involved but feel like the Lord has put this on your heart, please don't be afraid to come! There are many options for men to be involved too.
3. I know the event is free, but can I give a donation to help cover the cost? Yes! Donations are accepted on the registration page at www.hercampaign.org/casper-gathering or via cash or card the day of the event. There is absolutely no obligation to give a donation however!
4. I saw there was a registration cap at 70 people. Will I still be able to come if that cap is reached? Absolutely! We do not want to limit who the LORD may bring to this conference. While we did have to set the cap due to social distancing guidelines, if the LORD calls more people to come, we do have other options avaiable to us to ensure proper social distancing. If you are unable to register because the cap has been met, please don't hesitate to call 406-598-5674, and we will adjust accordingly!