Vision Beyond Borders and the Coronavirus Pandemic
Many people have been asking how VBB has been impacted by the pandemic. Here is the latest status on our activities and the impact to date.
1. Trips to Central America and India in March were canceled. We anticipate that April and probably May trips will also be canceled or deferred. At this point we are continuing with planning for trips later in the year; obviously this is a fluid situation so we are continuing to monitor the situation while praying and consulting with our overseas contacts. Praise God, two trips to Central America did take place in March!
2. We are beginning to see delays in the shipment of Bibles in large quantities, due to the cancellation of many cargo freighter sailings. This is not a major impact for us yet, but could become more of an issue later in the year so it is a matter of prayer. We want to get Bibles into the hands of those who need them!
3. Our ice skate event to raise support for the children’s home in Pakistan has been canceled or postponed. If you would like to support this home you don’t need to strap on skates – just donate using the Donate button below and designate the funds for the Pakistan children’s home! Your support now is appreciated more than ever.
4. We are continuing to receive donated clothing and supplies for refugee camps. That means we also have a continuing need for volunteers to sort and process the donations. Please keep in mind:
a. Limit the size of any groups. If you wish to bring a group to volunteer at our Billings or Casper warehouse please keep the group size to 10 or less. Casper volunteers may want to consider volunteering at a time other than the normal Thursday morning session to keep the numbers down that day.
b. We will have hand sanitizer available in the work areas and encourage volunteers to practice good hygiene and social distancing while sorting, insofar as possible.
c. Please pray that we would be able to arrange the shipping of our next containers without undue delays and that they will be a blessing to those receiving them.
5. Please remember to pray for the children and women cared for by the children’s homes and safe houses in Asia. Pray that they would be spared any infection from the coronavirus and that they would be able to continue ministering to others, and that people’s hearts would be open to God’s Word in this troubling time.
We thank you all for your support and encourage you to consider how you can be a blessing to your neighbors as the coronavirus threat continues to develop. God be with you!